Instant Cup Noodles with Mochi (sticky Japanese rice cakes)
Have you ever had sticky Japanese rice cakes called Mochi (餅)?Speaking of Japanese cuisine, there are various Japanese dishes using Mochi rice cakes.
You may have eaten Japanese instant cup noodles before.Actually, there are some kinds of instant cup (bowl) noodles with Mochi as their accompanying ingredients in Japan.
Although instant Ramen and instant Udon noodles with Mochi are being sold in Japan, I haven’t seen instant Soba noodles with Mochi displayed at supermarkets and convenience stores yet.As far as I know, there don’t exist instant Soba with Mochi.
Among all Japanese instant cup noodles with Mochi, “Maruchan Chikara Mochi Udon Noodles” is one of the most popular items.
|Maruchan Chikara Mochi Udon Noodles, Pack of 12|
The rich soy-sauce-based broth goes perfectly with Udon noodles and Mochi, and you can enjoy the difference in texture between the 2 Japanese foods.
How to make instant cup noodles with Mochi
Actually, today I had a Japanese instant Ramen with Mochi, so let me introduce the basic instructions to make instant cup noodles with Mochi.
1. Open the lid about halfway and take out all bags of the ingredients from the cup
2. Put instant Mochi and toppings in the cup
3. Pour boiling hot water into the cup
4. Place a bag of the liquid soup base on the lid and let the liquid warm until the waiting time (4 to 5 min) pass
5. 4 to 5 minutes later, remove the lid and add the liquid soup base to the cup.Stir all the ingredients well and enjoy!