The Easy Curry Udon Recipe using Instant Curry Sauce
Have you ever eaten Udon noodle soup? Since the Japanese noodle dish is becoming popular in many countries, you may have had it before.
There are many varieties of Udon dishes widely enjoyed in Japan, which include “Curry Udon (カレーうどん)”, a fusion of Western curry sauce and traditional Japanese noodle soup.
Curry Udon (カレーうどん)
As the name indicates, Curry Udon is the Udon noodle soup with curry sauce and is one of the most popular Udon dishes in Japan, where there are even specialized shops dedicated to Curry Udon.
Since the basic method of making Curry Udon is simple and easy, Japanese home cooks sometimes make it for their family. As a matter of fact, I consume a simple bowl of Curry Udon at home a few times in a month.
Specifically, after a simple Udon consisting of light soy sauce based Dashi-rich hot broth and Udon noodles is served in front of me, I often sprinkle Curry powder over it. Dissolving the spice in the soup, I enjoy the simple Curry Udon.
Compared to that, if a bit longer time is taken, you can easily make an authentic bowl of Curry Udon like the ones offered by Japanese Udon restaurants.
The Easy and Authentic Curry Udon Recipe
For those who are interested in the easy and authentic curry Udon recipe, here I will share one from cookpad.com. All you need to prepare for the recipe are as follows.
|Dried Udon Noodles (Amazon.com)||2 servings|
|Ready-to-eat instant Curry sauce||1 pack|
|Thinly sliced green onion||A proper amount|
|Kikkoman’s Noodle Soup Base (Amazon.com)||40ml|
|Katakuriko flour (Amazon.com)||1 tablespoon|
As you can see from the above list, the essential food for this recipe is ready-to-eat instant Curry sauce. Now, let me talk about the instructions.
Image : cookpad.com
- Put ready-to-eat instant Curry sauce, water, and Kikkoman’s noodle soup base in a pot
- Heat the mixture to the boiling point
- Once the mixture begins to boil, add thinly sliced green onions to the pot
- Cook them for one minute, then add Katakuriko potato starch to the pot and dissolve the flour in the soup, stirring well
- Boil dried Udon noodles in another pot of water. After boiled, set the Udon noodles in a bowl and pour the curry soup onto the noodles
- Ready to eat. Enjoy the Curry Udon!
|S&B Curry Sauce with Vegetables Medium Hot||House Foods Curry Sauce with Vegetables, Hot|