I Enjoyed Nissin Ippudo Hakata Tonkotsu Instant Ramen
There are many instant noodles available only at 7-eleven convenience stores in Japan, which include Nissin Ramen Santouka I introduced the other day.
Despite that, I hadn’t seen one of my favorite instant cup ramen of that kind displayed on the shelf for a while.
But at last, a few days ago I found the instant ramen bowl in a 7-eleven store near my workplace for the first time in a while, so I grabbed it.
Nissin Ippudo Instant Ramen Bowl
What I purchased in the 7-eleven is this Nissin Ippudo Hakata Tonkotsu instant ramen.
As you may know, Hakata Ippudo is one of the most popular Japanese ramen chains in the world, which specializes in Hakata Tonkotsu ramen.
As the name suggests, the ramen restaurant originated in the city of Hakata, Fukuoka Prefecture on Kyushu Island.
Ippudo’s ramen features its rich pork bone broth with depth without the characteristic odor of pork bones in addition to using the homemade noodles developed by making a lot of researches.
As with the actual Tonkotsu ramen served in the restaurants, this Ippudo instant ramen is of high quality. In fact, I have loved the Nissin’s instant ramen since it went on the market in 2000.
Luckily, as shown at the last of this article, the Ippudo instant ramen bowl is available on Amazon.com, so today I will talk about the Nissin’s instant ramen in datail.
On the side part of the red bowl, you can find the ingredient list. According to that, the noodles are made with wheat flour, salt, vegetable fat and oil, egg powder, soybean dietary fiber, plant protein, and chicken extract.
On the other hand, the soup base consists of pork extract, soy sauce, lard, flavor oil, sesame, wheat flour, chicken extract, Toubanjian (Chinese chili paste), Gochujang (Korean red chili paste), onion powder, salt, and spices.
When you peel back the paper lid about halfway, you see the above 5 packets in the container.
- The orange packet contains soup base powder
- The green one contains liquid soup base
- The red one consists of 2 parts: one contains black garlic oil (黒香油) and the other contains spicy Miso paste (赤みそ)
- The transparent one and the blue one contain toppings.
The topping consists of a thin slice of roast pork “Chashu (チャーシュー)”, chopped green onions, and cloud ear mushrooms. The noodles are non-fried noodles.
How to Cook the Ippudo Instant Ramen (Instructions)
Next, here are the cooking instructions for this Ippudo instant ramen.
- First, put the contents (toppings) of the transparent packet and the blue packet into the bowl
- Pour boiling water up to the inside line of the cup
- Close the lid and place the red packet and the green packet on top of the lid to let them warm
- Let the noodles sit and cook for 3 minutes
- 3 minutes later, remove the paper lid and add the contents of the orange packet (soup base powder) and the green packet (liquid soup base) to the bowl
- Stir all the ingredients well with chopsticks
- As a final touch, add the contents of the red packets (black garlic oil and spicy Miso paste) to the bowl
- Stir all the ingredients again and enjoy the Ippudo instant ramen!
The pork bone broth is very flavorful and is characterized by the savory black garlic oil called “Mayu (マー油)”, while the noodles are straight and thin, but have a pleasant firmness.
As a whole, the Ippudo instant ramen is very delicious, and if you try it once, you will become addicted.