Easy & Healthy Recipes that Make Natto Taste Good
As you know, natto is a superfood packed with nutrients such as minerals, vitamins, dietary fibers, and protein,
and from the everyday intake of the food, you can expect health benefits as follows.
- Eating the right amount of natto every day helps you live a long life.
- Those who constantly eat natto can lower the risk of stroke by about 30 percent.
- Natto helps prevent arteriosclerosis.
- Natto inhibits the increase of glucose levels in the blood and helps prevent diabetes and dementia.
- Natto makes bones strong.
- Natto is effective in preventing cancer.
- Natto adjusts the intestinal environment.
- Natto is effective in avoiding O157 infection.
(Reference Page: Gendai Ismedia)
How to Make Natto Taste Good
But since natto has a slimy consistency and peculiar smell, in reality, it is either loved or hated.
As you can see in the above, the food is an excellent source of nutrients bringing you various benefits, so it is a shame to give up.
If you dislike natto but somehow can eat it, one of the best ways to make you able to consume it may be flavoring the beans with something savory or aromatic.
And here, let me introduce two Japanese ways for those who want to know how to make natto taste good.
One is Yuzu Miso Natto, and the other is Kimchi Natto. And here are the recipes.
Yuzu Miso Natto
|Yuzu Miso||1-1.5 teaspoon|
|Ground sesame seeds||As you like|
- Put Yuzu Miso on natto instead of soy sauce.
- And add ground sesame seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients well and enjoy the Yuzu Miso Natto with plain white rice.
|Kimchi Korean pickles||As much as you like|
|Katsuobushi bonito flakes||As you like|
|Chopped green onions||As you like|
- Put all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix them up.
- Enjoy the Kimchi Natto with a warm bowl of rice!