How to Upgrade Maruchan Seimen Instant Ramen
Maruchan Akai Kitsune and Midori No Tanuki are instant noodles from Maruchan that are quite well-recognized in many countries as well as in Japan.
As you may know, they are produced and sold by “Toyo Suisan (東洋水産)”, a leading Japanese instant noodles manufacturer, and “Maruchan (マルちゃん)” is actually the flagship instant noodle brand of the maker.
Maruchan Seimen (マルちゃん正麺)
In 2011, the Japanese company, Toyo Suisan introduced new packaged instant noodles from its Maruchan line called “Maruchan Seimen (マルちゃん正麺)” into the market.
After the release, the instant ramen revolutionized Japan’s instant noodles market, because the noodles are of high quality and delicious as if they were fresh noodles.
In 2015, the sales number of Maruchan Seimen exceeded a billion in total, and today the packaged instant ramen has become one of the top-sellers of the company, together with the instant noodle bowls Maruchan Akai Kitsune and Midori No Tanuki.
The Secret of the Noodles
According to the official website of Maruchan Seimen, there are 3 reasons why the noodles are delicious like fresh noodles, which are listed below.
- The noodles are actually made by drying fresh noodles. Hence after boiled, they have an authentic taste and chewiness like fresh noodles.
- After fresh noodles are well loosened, they are dried using hot air, instead of oil. Hence after boiled, they get loose easily.
- The noodles are produced through a process according to the climate, which is why they have a pleasant bounciness and chewiness like fresh noodles.
How to Upgrade Maruchan Seimen Instant Noodles
The official site says that there are several tips for perfectly boiling the noodles, and some Japanese actually have compared the noodles cooked by the official method with the ones cooked by their own method.
They have said on their blog or SNS that the noodles boiled using the official method are much better than their own, and the following are important points in cooking the dried noodles.
- Don’t touch or loosen the noodles for the first one minute after you start boiling them.
- Once the first one minute passes, turn the noodle block upside down only once and loosen lightly, then don’t touch the noodles again.
- Put the accompanying soup base in a bowl beforehand. After the noodles are boiled, first pour only the boiling water into the bowl and dissolve the soup base. Then, add the boiled noodles to the broth and loosen lightly.