How to Make Mashed Potatoes from Calbee Jagariko Sticks
Jagariko is a long-selling potato snack introduced in 1995 by Calbee, the largest Japanese snack food manufacturer.
The potato snack is made by deep-frying sticks of steamed potatoes, featuring its rich umami and pleasant crunch.
Now, the fries have grabbed people’s hearts and become one of the most loved potato snacks in Japan.
In fact, there are a lot of Jagariko fans, and some of them like to make dishes using the sticks, post those recipes on the internet.
Mashed Potatoes Recipe using Calbee Jagariko
Aren’t you interested in those recipes using Jagariko potato sticks?
For those who answer yes to this question, today let me introduce a mashed potatoes recipe using them.
The recipe actually became a topic of conversation several years ago on Cookpad.com, a popular Japanese recipe site.
Source of Recipe and Image: cookpad.com
|Calbee Jagariko (Any Flavor)
|Mayonnaise, Salt, Pepper
|As you like
- First, pour the boiling water into the Jagariko cup until it reaches the height of about 3 cm from the bottom.
- Put a lid and let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- Then, remove the lid and crush the snack parts that are still hard.
- After waiting for a minute again, it’s ready to eat.
- If desired, add mayo, salt, and pepper to taste and enjoy!
If the original crunchy texture of Jagariko is somewhat left, the resulting mashed potatoes will become more addictive.