5 Ideas to Make Dorayaki Pancake More Delicious
Dorayaki is the traditional Japanese sweet known as the yummy buns that appear in the manga, Doraemon. The confection consists of two small moist pancakes with sweet red bean paste “Anko (餡子)” in between.
Actually, Dorayaki is one of the most popular Wagashi sweets in Japan where the pancake is often eaten as an afternoon snack together with hot green tea.
Dorayaki is of course delicious as is, but today I want to introduce how to make the Japanese pancake more delicious.
5 Tips for Making Dorayaki More Delicious
Actually, I found some tips for making Dorayaki pancake more delicious on some Japanese blogs and SNS. Among those, my recommendations are as follows.
If you get curious about some of these methods, why not try them out?
- Place vanilla ice cream on the upper Dorayaki pancake and dress with a chocolate sauce. This method is introduced on a popular Japanese recipe website.
- Microwave Dorayaki for 20 to 30 seconds, then bake it in the oven toaster for a few minutes. By doing so, the pancake becomes crispy on the outside, while the inside remains soft and moist. A Japanese blogger says that the hot Dorayaki cooked in that way tastes great.
- Anko (sweet red bean paste) goes well with butter as Ogura toast shows. Therefore, spread butter on the surface of Dorayaki. By doing this, the pancake gets depth of flavor from butter.
- Nama Dorayaki demonstrates that fresh cream matches perfectly with Anko. Therefore, sandwich fresh cream, together with Anko, between the two pancakes. This makes Dorayaki pancake outstandingly good.
- Cut Dorayaki cake lengthwise, then coat the cut surface with a mixture of Kinako soybean flour and sugar. This method is introduced on a major Japanese recipe website.
|Shirakiku Dorayaki 5pcs, 300g||Doraemon Dorayaki (yummy buns) 4.86oz|